Saturday, November 29, 2008

Where Am I?

Remember Me? Where have I Been? What Is Going on With Me? You know its never a dull moment for me right. I have one moment of glory only to be buried in grief and suffering...i think thats what im here for to suffer.
I've dissapeared for quite sometime so this is why.
About three weeks ago I went to work and got off early I sent off that college essay good thing i did..because that Monday (officially two weeks ago) I ended up in the E.R....thats right.
Thats what i thought i had. I woke up with severe chest pain and not being able to breathe and with me being used to acute chest's it was no biggy but a trip to the hospital for a few antibiotics and back home to heal up..well for once when it came to my health i was wrong. The doctor i will say his name becuase i think he is an idiot "matal" told me that i didn't have phenumonia therefore it was just sickle crisis..Not it wasnt i told him. Then i heard him telling some fellows to just mark it down as an asthma attack. The moron then came back and gave me a choice good for him getting his ass kicked wasnt one of them. Either i could go home or stay and manage my pain. I ignored my first choice because i knew something was wrong and i stayed. They did tests of all kinds!
I started spiking fevers and being as though the right side of my lung was the only one hurting they did and MRI and tested the blood in my ports and guess what i had a infection in my port that caused lung problems. It formed types of sores if thats what you want to call it around my lung so when my lung expanded the sores hit my rib cage therefore that is where the pain was coming from! That doctor would of let me go home to die..i read about it and it said the only way people die from it is from the pulmonary problems being untreated i caught it in time. I was suffering in this hospital for two weeks now. Vomiting,allergic reactions to the antibiotics, hooked up to 5 different antibiotics because before they didnt know what they were treating.
My Ports Were REMOVED! This is the second infection i have had with them and this was the worst one so i had no choice i can talk to you later about what my doctor is planning on having me do to bring my iron down being as though thats why i had the ports in the first place to have better access and to take overnight meds to bring my iron down. I Had a mini surgery yesterday to put a PICC line in...The lady told me i wouldnt feel no pain only for me to roll over and wake up to a swollen arm i showed the docs and they rushed me to ultrasound to make sure it wasnt clotting it wasnt it just has to heal up.
Now that i have the PICC line they are trying to get me home to do antibiotics because the PICC line lasts for up to 6 weeks and its no point having me in a hospital when i feel great i mean ever since they started treating me with the right antibiotics i felt wonderful and i am sooo ready to go home i have cried so many times because of wanting to go home.
I hope all of you enjoyed your thanksgiving, they were kind enough to give me a go home pass for four hours to enjoy thanksgiving dinner with my family i enjoyed being out of here so much that when it was time to come back i cried and made all my other cousins upset and angry because they couldnt do anything to help me. They eventually calmed me down and i left. Standing at the hospital i remembered the words i wrote on this wall after sliding on this cords at came from tree post to tree went as this.
"I CAME. I SAW. I CONQUERED". Im not letting these demons keep me down i have faith that i will get out and things will be great for me after that.
Sorry i havent made it to journals just give me time. Here are a few links to check out about whats going on with me!
a little info about the bacteria
Actual photo of what my Triumph Port looks like on my right side
Photo and info the infusa port on my left side.
Photo and info about the PICC line placed in me now.


Missie said...

Oh Diama! I knew something was wrong! You were gone for far too long. I'm glad your feeling better! Sending you loads of hugs.

Miss Slick One said...

Wow! I am so glad you're home! What an ass of a doctor! I'd report him to the hospital admins asap! And to whoever else you report doctors to! Get copies of your reports. ALl of them.
Much love and many prayers going up for your fast recovery!

Melissa said...

im so sorry that you have been thru so much pain. Get well soon girl *hugs*

a corgi said...

(((Cherry))) I'm so sorry!! you have been having such a bad time! I'm glad you are feeling better! I like your attitude though; nothing will stop you!!!


D said...

Diama... I've been wondering about you. Damn girl I'm glad you stuck it out and made them keep looking and testing. Now get yourself back to par. Love you

Linda said...

I am so sorry to hear that you have been so sick and in the hospital! Thank goodness you are starting to feel better and that you got to go home for a little bit on Thanksgiving. I hope you are out of there soon. Linda

Winivere said...

OMG, Sweetie! Hope you are back to feeling great soon! Get lots of rest & let us know how you are doing. Hugs!!!

Allison said...

I feel so bad for you. I'm glad you didn't listen to that doctor and you stayed right where you were and they got to the bottom of what was going on. Happy that you are back and maybe you can have a very happy Christmas season free of all the ailments. Have a happy Sunday. Luv ya!

Joyce said...

Oh Diama, I am so sorry you have been so sick and having such a rough time. I am praying that things get better for you sweetie.
Hugs, Joyce

Joyce said...

Oh Diama, I am so, so sorry you have been having such a rough time. I am praying that things get better for you sweetie. It's just not fair that someone so young has to go through this.
Hugs and Luv, Joyce

Joyce said...

OK, I repeated myself because I didn't realize the first one went through. Now you have three from me. Better too many than none at all. LOL.

MISSY said...

I am so glad that you are okay! I can't believe that doctor was just going to send you home. I have had to many issues with them blaming everything on panic attacks and I'm sent home just to suffer through it. Mine wasn't quite as serious though. I'm just glad that you are okay right now. REST and get yourself back to you. *M*

Lisa said...

Oh God Bless You dear and I am praying for a speedy recovery for you. I love your spirit and determination to not let this get you down. Hang in there and sending many prayers.

Arriel said...

i hope you continue to feel better... I'm sorry you have to go through all of this!

ADM DESIGN'S said...

So glad you're home and your feeling better!

~ L said...

You poor thing. I've been wondering where you were. I can't believe all you've been going through. You are such a strong person. Sending you lots of good thoughts & hope you are feeling much better! Love & hugs, ~ L

Connie said...

OH Sweet Diama-I am so so sorry for you and I apologize for not geting here sooner to read of this.
Glad you are on the mend-now keep well and enjoy your holidays.Know that I love you and am praying for you.

Jeannette said...

I'm sorry I've not been by lately and I'm also sorry to hear you're having trouble with the port. I'm so glad you opted to stay in overnight and get it sorted. Never let a doctor preach to you about sickle cell, you know more about it than they ever will unless they've got it themselves. I've learnt a lot about it through Andy and I do tend to dictate to the doctors and nurses how they should be looking after Andy when he's in hospital, lol! You have to do it, it's literally a matter f ife and death. Take care, I hope you feel better now. Jeannette xx