Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lesbian?

Work
My job is pretty much split up into clicks...it shouldn't be like that we should all be a team. Well i greet everyone, i've stop greeting a few because they look at you like you called them something foul. Now i just pretty much keep it moving, anyway we are cool with some and not cool with others.

Friends
My friends are cool, im not the oldest cashier there but older then the teens of course. I give the adults the respect they EARN. If your nasty to me i will be the same. There is a guy i found quite interesting. He ended up owning a couple of "Brothers" Stores to being a shoe sale associate at Kohl's we sat in the break room and talked about it. He did so many things in his lifetime and i was shocked when he said he owned his own business. You never know what life has instore for you. There is this young boy i didn't like he was always nasty never wanted to pick up his calls, always in the break room...i was going to report him lol i got tired of him hanging up in my ear. I kind of miss that, he is in the ICU (bad car accident) i really wish he comes through.

Lesbian.
All the females are cool we sit up there and talk about the sexy guys that come in or hair and etc and its a one girl, not a cashier, she always seemed pretty cool. Today she didn't want me to leave her she gets on the same bus as me and i waited. She asked if i wanted to go to the bar and get some drinks i told her i would rather chill somewhere i was tired we ended up at her house. She only lives a few blocks away. We were talking about mean and she said something about "i can't picture a man touching me" and it caught me offgaurd and then she told me. I was so shocked and it had me second guessing why out of the blue she wanted to go to the bar with me. I felt kind of akward when her "boyfriend" walked in she and she made me a little nervous i didnt know what to think of her girlfriend i didn't want her to think i was imposing or anything.

I had a good time we had a few drinks at her house and talked a little while and i feel cool around her thats all that matters as long as she stay on her side of the fence i will stay on mine and we can get along just fine, thats in my family. I think i should be careful around her though i don't know i just can't be so optimistic about her nor pessimistic either but still ...i don't know. I sound so childish but i never experienced this before she got to bragging about how her $&* was better than a mans and how she can do that and it kind of pushed me away and she was so sitting sooo close. I have to get to know this woman . How should i feel around her, is my reaction normal? What can i do to be less tense around her? i dont want her thinking im scared of her.

17 comments:

Chrissie a.k.a. HoneyB said...

Well hopefully she'll understand that you are not lesbian and let it go at that. Sounds like maybe she's hoping she can turn you by telling you all that stuff. I think everyone can be friends as long as you know each others limits. Hope you can get over that akwardness with her. Your reaction was normal she caught you off guard.
Take care, Chrissie

Amelia said...

I think it's normal to feel that way if you have never experienced it.... What I would tell you to keep in mind though is that Lesbians are not attracted to every woman they see just like you wouldn't be attracted to every man you see. So relax. She has a g/f, so I think you're fine. If boundaries are crossed, say something. I am personally comfortable with homosexuality in case you were wondering. I've actually always been one of those people who believe you can't help who you love.

*M*

Sugar said...

treat her as you would anyone else, but let her know up front that you're straight & want only her friendship. i have had friends of all kinds, in my life, & all are just people. hope this helps.
huggies.

D said...

just be yourself hon.. if she knows you are not interested in relationship I bet things will go fine.

Chris/cacklinrosie101 said...

It's normal to feel that way the first time you've ever been in contact with someone gay, Cherry. I saw someone's comment that not all lesbian's are attracted to every woman; same way you're not attracted to every man. She just may be a blunt person. I have friends who drive me crazy because they are talking about their man's jewels all the time. TMI for me. HUGS

Emmi said...

I think it's important to know that just because a woman is a lesbian she isn't attracted to every woman. Some people are just touchy feely people. If it makes you feel uncomfortale, tell her.

Joyce said...

As long as you are honest with her and make sure she understands that you are straight there should be no problem. Diversity is what makes this world go 'round. I like knowing people from all walks of life. It gives you a better perspective of our world.
Hugs, Joyce

Melissa said...

i think once u get to know her you'll be more comfy around her

Winivere said...

I am a lesbian magnet, too, but hey! At least someone noticed you today! That's what I always say! hahahahaha... Keep smiling! It makes people wonder what you're up to. Just be yourself & don't tempt her by puckering up. LOL
XX,
Winivere

Winivere said...

PS... How you get that blog list? How can I put it in my blog?

Missie said...

Be upfront with her and let her know you are not but would like a friendship.

Teresa said...

Hi :) hmmmm I don't know what to say LOL ~ as a Lesbian may I offer you advice? As a few comments stated Lesbians are not attracted to every female out there... there are some that are "butch" some are "femme" ~ some are just whatever they want to be and hate labels. About how you handle being around lesbians? Let them know out front that you are straight, that you aren't interested in anything other than friendship but that you'd like to be friends with them... they aren't going to jump your bones or anything like that lol. There are some younger lesbians out there who think that all women should be lesbians or attracted to them, I put this down to age and lack of maturity or self confidence ~ by that I mean TRUE self confidence. The one you have spoken to about their %*&$ ~ well, if anything picture it like a man trying to brag about his *$*&( you know? sounds like the one bragging is the "butch" one... just put them in their place (politely) lol. The lesbians that are coming out this day and age esp. the younger one's are much more aggressive in manner than when I was a teen ager or young woman... I don't know if this helped any, but as I said I wasn't sure WHAT to say! lol. Feel free to email me if you'd like hon... I have a Life Partner and her name is Cindy. Blessings* Teresa

Lainey Laine said...

yay I got on this blog and Im following it - I couldnt follow the other one!!!

I agree with Missy - she has a girlfriend and it must be hard for her when she tells a girls she wants to be a friend too that she is a lesbian as they might all feel nervous. She would appreciate you seeing her as her and a friend! If she wants more than friendship then she is naughty to spring that on you like that! Also if she has a girlfriend already, thats not right either! oooh now I dont know what Im saying, tell me to shut up LOL xxxxxxx

Winivere said...

Hi, C. Came to visit but I see you are still on Sun. LOL
XX,
Winivere

Don said...

Good thing you decided against going to the bar with your friend. I think that's how it all begins...

I do the same @ work, no need of wasting a perfect Good Morning on someone who doesn't want nor deserve it. Keep it movin...

Amanda said...

((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))I am sure She will understand you are not a lesbian.I hope the guy is alriht from the accident.Sounds like you are in good spirits.Have a nice weekend.

Amanda said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))Can I have Amanda on the fall graffic.Thank you.